Local church volunteers are the heart of Love in the Name of Christ. Over 300+ volunteers are regularly mobilized each year. Through Love INC, Christians are living out who they say they are by putting their faith in action and providing help, hope, and God's love to neighbors in need. They are building caring relationships and life skills with those who are struggling, and moving beyond the expressed need to help address the underlying issues that contribute to poverty and hopelessness.
Love INC of Douglas County operates under the principles of the Redemptive Compassion curriculum which is built on:
- Seeing everyone's value
- Investing relationally in others
- Helping everyone achieve their God-given potential
- Requiring mutual contribution and participation
- Responding with discernment and wisdom
- Serving in ways that transform